Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A New Apron

I've been working on a few projects lately...

One of them has been a new apron. It started as a request from my sister. She wanted an apron to wear while she was crafting, to catch all the bits of thread that seemed to end up stuck to her lap. It had to be a half apron, with generous ties, and fabric that was thick enough to stand up to rigorous use.

This is what I came up with. (I'm really sorry the pictures aren't better - the only one here during daylight that knows how to use a camera is me, and the full length mirror is the only way I can get a picture of me in an apron! I need to find a spot where I can set the camera with a timer and get a good full-body shot. Hmm...)

It's a really simple apron, but a lot of ruffles and frills would probably just get in the way while detracting.

This fabric is from IKEA. It's a really thick cotton, almost like canvas. I found it, and other prints from the same line, on sale for $.99 a yard and snatched up...well, over 3 dozen yards of it. Whee!



This apron, and its twin sister, are currently winging their ways to their recipients. Girls, you're my guinea pigs - let me know what you think of the aprons!

4 comments:

Myrnie said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to try it out- I have diaper covers, curtains, skirts, and I don't KNOW what else to sew up. :o) Hip hip HOORAY!

Shauna said...

Awesome! Come on over and see... You won on my blog :) Send me your mailing address asap please.

Colette S said...

You are very handy! :) They look good.

Chezvies said...

Pretty apron..I love the fabric