Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rainy Day Fun


If any of you live anywhere along the East Coast...you'll know that it has been rather wet lately. Damp. Soggy. Somebody forgot to tell Mother Nature that the first day of Summer is just days away!
When my husband reminded me that Father's Day is even closer than summer, and we had yet to get any sort of cards in order, I was tasked with taking the kids out to find cards.
Excuse me? It's not that I mind being given the task - I usually adore shopping for cards! However, heading out in the driving rain with a two year old and a six month old to shop for cards just didn't sound like a good idea to me. So, what's a crafty mama to do?
Foist the job off on someone else!
Out came the construction paper, a new set of brushes I picked up at IKEA, and some non-toxic paints I found at a local bargain store.
Usually, paints and paper will keep my toddler occupied for about 15 minutes...or about three sheets of paper, whichever comes first. However, I underestimated the power of the Brush. Painting has been of the Finger variety up until this point, but I don't think we'll ever go back!
17 sheets of paper later, she announced herself Done.
(Grandpas, this is the point where you stop reading, m'kay? Thanks a bunch.)
Most of these are going to be carefully stowed away for later use. I chose out four of them, folded them in thirds, wrote a Father's Day note on the back, and sent them out in the post to all the papas.

A card, and original artwork, all in one!
I might take a few of these and cut them up to be pasted onto blank pre-folded notecards as well.

2 comments:

Su said...

Good job, BBJ!

You know what I found kept my toddler busy?
A pair of child-safe scissors and some old magazine. She cut for a very long time.
Yes, it is quite a mess, but nothing a broom can't handle.

Unknown said...

Please send the rain to Texas we haven't seen rain at my place since late May and it is the the triple digits with heat index. That picture of rain made me cry. Paintbrushes are great and her artwork is beautiful.