Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Two of my son's friends turned 1 a few weeks ago, and he was invited to their birthday party! The boys are twins, and adorable. Since this was Siu Jeun's first birthday party to attend, I wanted to make sure he had a present he would be happy to give them.

Aprons, of course!

I made up matching aprons, in different colors, and appliqued the boys' first initials on the front in white fleece. The aprons are re-purposed (upcycled? What's the cool term now?) pillow cases.

The aprons were a snap to make. Getting Siu Jeun to model them?

Not so much.
(Hold him down, BBJ! Don't let him get away!)



BBJ and I took care to make some little cards for the boys.
(The aprons are a new style for me - the pocket is folded up, instead of appliqued on. I'm not sure which style I like better yet.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Myrnie said...

Ooh, leg warmers. Talk to me about leg warmers.

Cute aprons.

Casey said...

BBJ is so pretty!