Friday, November 6, 2009

A Tee Story


I showed you this little tidbit the other day...and now I'm ready for the Big Reveal. (The recipient should have already opened her birthday present. Happy Birthday, Bert!)

I took a note from all the re-fashions floating around, and some great tops I found at the mall. I bought two: one in the size Bert wears (don't worry - Bert's a girl) and another in the largest size they had (XL) to use as, ahem, "garnish." From the larger shirt, I cut a few 1.5" strips from the bottom.

(Sorry about the pic - I tend to craft after the kids go to bed!)

I cut them open, into strips, and then sewed three of them together, end to end. I set my machine for the longest straight stitch I could, and sewed a long stripe from one end of my strip to the other. Then, I pulled on the top thread to ruffle up my jersey.

I ruffled it pretty tightly, and then basted it into a big spiral. Then I sewed it securely onto the top left chest, just below the shoulder.

I was really happy with how this top turned out!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Myrnie said...

So cute!!

Catherine Peart said...

Wow, this turned out beautifully!! Love it.