Monday, February 22, 2010

Thing a Day 22: Pink Pancakes!

Pink Pancakes!!!! 

Daddy worked late, and we're trying to get through a bunch of STUFF in the pantry. So, tonight...Krusteaz pancakes for the kids and I! (Because I'm not mean enough to subject my husband to...pink pancakes for dinner. Breakfast, maybe. Read on.) 

I wanted to make it fun, so I added a little Sala Flavored Syrup. (A friend introduced me to it....it's about $2 for a wine-bottle sized bottle of bright pink syrup. The syrup can be mixed into milk, seltzer water, plain water...or pancake batter, apparently!) 

Mmmmm...pink, carbohydrate-y goodness!

2 comments:

Weezy said...

Very cute!!! Never heard of Sala Syrup. What does it taste like?

Last year for Valentine's Day I made pink heart shaped pancakes for dinner. The kids LOVED it!!

LeeAnn said...

I've never heard of that syrup either! But what a creative idea. Pink pancakes. hahaha I love pink anything!